Auckland is the biggest city in all of New Zealand and it’s also the most dynamic, energetic metropolis in the entire region. The surrounding area features a diverse landscape, astonishing geographical topographies, remarkable attractions, notable historical buildings, and, of course, one of the most opulent city skylines on Earth, which is why it shouldn’t come as a shock to find out that roughly 20 million travellers pass through the busy Auckland Airport each year.
Thus, if you’d like to spend your next holiday adventuring through the enigmatic Auckland expanse, we’re going to underscore some thought-provoking bits of information that you should be aware of and clarify why it’s in your best interests to partner with a prominent local car rental agency before heading to New Zealand.
The Facts and Figures You Should Know About Auckland
To help you get inspired and enthused during your planning process, let’s evaluate the salient ins and outs of Auckland from a holidaymaker’s perspective:
- With two expansive seaside harbours and upwards of 130,000 officially registered vessels cruising through the local waters, Auckland is colloquially referred to as The City of Sails.
- Believe it or not, Auckland is home to almost 60 inactive volcanoes, including the world-renowned Maungawhau and Rangitoto peaks. However, these volcanoes do not pose a safety or security risk, which is why hundreds of thousands of backpackers and climbers venture to the region each year.
- If you plan on trekking or camping around Auckland, it’s worth noting that you can actually walk from the Pacific Ocean to the Tasman Sea in less than five hours simply by utilising the coast-to-coast hiking route.
- At nearly 330 metres tall, Auckland’s Sky Tower dominates the city’s glorious horizon; this particular building is actually one of the largest structures in the Southern Hemisphere. If you venture to the top floor, you’ll be able to see almost 100 kilometres in every direction.
Additionally, it’s important to point out that Auckland was New Zealand’s capital city from 1842 to 1865 and it is consistently ranked as one of the world’s most liveable municipalities by a wide range of esteemed publications.
An Economical, Inclusive Journey Begins with Your Car Rental Organisation
If you’d like to establish a cost-conscious programme and ensure a memorable experience for your travel group, the onus is on you to create a relationship with a resourceful, versatile car rental agency before you embark on your trip.
With this notion in mind, you can avail yourself of a tailored car rental in Auckland Airport but the best-rated agencies can also advise you on the most sought-after local attractions:
- Restaurants, eateries, and bistros
- Museums and art galleries
- Casinos, discos, nightclubs, and other entertainment venues
- Theme parks, zoos, and national parks
- Shopping centres
- Beaches, harbours, and other coastal magnetisms
In this regard, the knowledgeable in-house staff members will be able to provide an affordable vehicle rental in addition to various tickets, passes, and vouchers to all of the popular sites around Auckland. Be sure to visit the webpage of a reputable rental organisation at least a few days before your scheduled flight.