No matter whether you are interested in architecture, history, natural landscapes, food or simply traveling, Copenhagen will never fail you as a destination. As the most visited and loved city in Scandinavia, Copenhagen is beautiful and filled with incredible activities. Some of the landmarks define the country, and the Danish people are sweet to say the least. If you are here, you need to stay for at least four days, to explore the charm of the capital city. Before you arrive, you can check for copenhagen hotel apartments online and book your stay. Here are some of the must-do and must-see that must feature on your list.
- Keep a day for Tivoli Gardens. In case you didn’t know, Tivoli Gardens is the 2nd oldest operating theme park in the world, the first one being Bakken which is also located here. From awesome and thrilling rides, to theatre, great food, and fireworks, Tivoli Gardens offers it all, and you can easily spend a day here.
- Take pictures at Nyhvan. Nyhvan is the historic harbor area of the Danish capital, known for its houses and buildings that date back to 16th and 17th Although crowded, a visit here is must to take those postcard photos. There are fancy restaurants and cafes, where you can enjoy a drink, and close by, you can choose to book a canal tour.
- Try the local food. Nordic cuisine can taste very different for some people, but most restaurants use local produce and organic fare, and the experience is just tempting and lip-smacking, even when you are trying some of the basic items. You can also head to Papirøen to try food from different parts of the world.
- Take a tour of Carlsberg brewery. One of the largest breweries in the world, Carlsberg visit is a must for anyone visiting Denmark. You will love the guided tour, which includes trying and tasting beers, food, and taking a walk of the entire brewery. You can use your Copenhagen Card for admission.
- Rent a bike. You will be surprised to find biking routes all over the city, and most locals have a bike to get around. Renting doesn’t have to be expensive, and it can be a great way to ditch the cabs, which are otherwise expensive. You may need to be aggressive on the road, because that’s how it is here.
We hope you like your stay in Copenhagen!