If there is one destination that offers ski, snowboarding along with slightest possibility of celebrity sightings, it is Aspen. Located right at the heart of the White River National Forest, this mountain gateway is the perfect year round holiday destination for the adventure junkies. Although, there are dozens (probably more) of reasons to visit Aspen, for the sake of this post, we will list out only the five of them. So here we go!
- Skiing and snowboarding: – There is no dearth of open terrains at Aspen which provides something for the skiers of beginners, intermediate and advance levels. The availability of four mountains i.e. Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilkhere make it the perfect destination for the skiers and snow boarders. The slopes and the runs of more than 5000 + acres offer panoramic views of the nearby snowy mountains. The amenities of the nearby ski resorts can also be viewed such as of the Aspen Snowmass.
- Recreational activities: – Doesn’t matter if you are not a ski or snowboard enthusiast, the white lush snowy outdoors allows for tons of recreational activities for people of all ages. Cycling, biking, hiking along with fishing, golf, and rock climbing will easily consume your time. And if you really want to try something different, then there is the hot air balloon and paragliding.
- Lots of wine and dine: – Aspen does not fall short on culinary treats and famous cuisines. Having a delectable meal right at the heart of the mountains with your friends and family, is a moment you will always cherish for the rest of your life. However, for the foodies, there is the Aspen Food and Wine Festival that will satiate all the food cravings.
- Aspen Music Festival: – This music festival goes on for nearly eight weeks and is one of the major tourist attractions in all of Aspen. Live orchestra, ballet, chamber musicians, opera and what not are the crowd pullers at the Aspen Music Festival. Don’t worry for your children. There are entertaining programs for them also.
- Aspen Brewing Company: – Enjoy the finest beers from the town’s local producer i.e. Aspen Brewing Company. The free live music, beer in one hand and the panoramic views of the snowy mountains are all that you could ask for in a perfect vacation.
Tons of spas, lodges, and hotels offer attractive deals for tourists. However, you are likely to get relevant offers from SkiersPlanet for planning your Aspen Ski Itinerary.
Looking to plan you itinerary for Aspen ski packages, Skiersplanet is the right choice. With tie ups with leading resorts, lodges, restaurants across the world, we have been providing world class itinerary packages at affordable costs for people of all ages and sizes. Aspen offers a lot more activities than merely outlines in this post. To know more about the day to day tourist activities at Aspen, you can visit our website at SkiersPlanet.